Home :: Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Philippines » Philippine Information

Post subject: After the Typhoon "Pedring" flash flood comes..
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:18 am 

After the non-stop raining brought by the storm surge last week.. the cities who are the catch basin of some provinces experienced a flooding the they haven't experienced before.. cities and provinces became an instant "Water World"..

The areas shaded in purple show the flooded areas in Pangasinan (top), Nueva Ecija (right), and Bulacan (bottom). Note Hagonoy, Bulacan's proximity to Manila Bay.

Residence of the said province starts making their own boats just to get to a safe area and even some stayed in the roof of their houses for days because rescue teams can't reach them due to a strong water current or deep water..

ImageImage

Up to this day the water level is still high for most of the provinces that where submerge in water.. The most difficult part is that even their own evacuation centers and schools is affected and still under water.. So the only option is to travel to a far province that wasn't affected by the flooding and yet that option is not in the mind of the residence because they don't want to leave their houses and lose everything when they get back..

ImageImage
A before and after image from one of the province affected by the flood.. ( Hogonoy Bulacan )

Post subject: Re: After the Typhoon "Pedring" flash flood comes..
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:11 pm 

I saw this in the news.. My OFWs friends here are gathering donations for you guys.. hope your ready because I heard they're more to typhoons to come.. :unsure:

Post subject: Re: After the Typhoon "Pedring" flash flood comes..
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:46 am 

H@rdCole wrote:
I saw this in the news.. My OFWs friends here are gathering donations for you guys.. hope your ready because I heard they're more to typhoons to come.. :unsure:

really appreciate to know that.. and yes the upper northern part was hit badly by the other typhoon.. :unhappy:

Board index » Philippines » Philippine Information